Sunday, July 21, 2013

Wa'apa Build - Part 10 (Dry fit #2, syringes, hatches, etc)

With glue cured I planed and sanded the excess off the bottom. I then put that half of the hull aside, grabbed the bits for the other half, and got it dry fitted.



On another note, I found these syringes cheap and have been using them for all my epoxy mixing lately, one for resin and one for hardener.

Now I'm able to mix the small batches I actually need, and combined with experience gained thus far, I manage to use almost everything I mix without much waste at all. Great!

Also I ordered and received my inspection hatches for the end compartments, 6 inch quarter turn.

I still haven't cut the holes in the bulkheads for them though. I will have some through hull pieces of timber right behind the bulkheads on which to hang a rudder. I'll wait until I know for certain the position of those so I can place the hatch where there will be the least amount of overlap.

All for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment