Thursday, October 3, 2013

Wa'apa Build - Part 21 (Sunshine & rounding edges)

Been a while since last update. I recently started a new job and time for the boat has been pretty limited...but still slowly making some progress...

I managed to catch a nice day and got the hulls outside, bolted together, and sanded fair. Really great to see it out in the sun as a whole after so much time fiddling with one half at a time...



Then it was back inside to continue getting them ready for glassing the bottom. I got to work rounding the chines and such in order to take the glass cloth..

Using marking gauge and pencil I marked the chines about 2mm on either side.

With the marks as a guide I chamfered the edge with a block plane.

Then I used a sanding block to round everything over nicely.



Soon now will be time to commence glassing...which should be interesting as I've never glassed anything before. Let's hope it all goes well! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, Jacob! Can't wait to see the finished product. Good luck with the glassing!

    ReplyDelete