Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wa'apa Build - Part 9 (Gap filling, bottom gluing)

As you can see I didn't do the greatest job getting a tight fit between chine and stems, with a fair bit of gap to be filled on the outer side.
So I'm not a master joiner... :)

Nothing to fear though, a stiff mix of microballoons and wood flour will fix it up good...


While that was curing I epoxy coated the inside of bottom panel...
3 coats, wet on wet...

The next day with everything cured, I sanded the filled gap fair.
What gap? ;)
And got the bottom panel cleaned up and ready for gluing...

Then after hitting the bare wood of bottom and chines with a quick coat of straight epoxy, I mixed up a few batches of stiff wood flour mixed, spread, and bottom screwed down to cure.


Once that cures I'll plane and sand it fair, then probably put it aside and get the other hull half assembled as well. Getting there slowly, excited to get both bare hulls done and bolted together for the first time....

No comments:

Post a Comment