Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wa'apa Build - Part 13 (Making hollow beams #2)

Continuing on...

It took a few hours but the 4 main boards are all whittled down to size. I have a number of lengths of western red cedar 2x4 I can make use of for the interior blocking. Of course its rough and over sized, so more thicknessing to do...

, ,



Cutting didn't go so well...think I'm overdue for a new blade.
Planed and sanded..

Then I measured and marked the boards for the blocking. Made sure to get blocks to cover where the beam goes over the gunwales, then spread the rest around at regular intervals.



Then I got it in my head I should taper the ends a bit just to give it a little shape...and for better or worse it's all done now...

I still need to mark for, and get the blocking prepared for the other one...then should be ready to glue it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment